Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday adventures

We had a lazy start to the day as there was no need to be anywhere until 1pm. Once we were all up and relatively functional we had a family meeting to sort through a few things that needed to be addressed. We came up with some plans for dealing with food better and we laid out jobs that need to be done and who will be responsible for them.
Ian and the kids dropped me off at the Chugakko (Jr. High School) and headed to Date to go shopping. I met with the English teacher and we worked through how I would be of support to her. Afterward, Hiro and Kabara-san and I went around to the other places I will be working to introduce me and figure out when I will start.
We went back to the Chugakko to have a meeting about Taran and Joisan and how things will work for them. It turns out that they don't have to wear the uniforms if they don't want to - but they might anyway - we'll take pictures and post them! We got all the particulars straightened out - the school fees that need to be paid, the timetable, what they need to bring (a toothbrush!) and how they will get back and forth (bus).
After dinner this evening we walked down to the community centre to join the badminton that happens every Tuesday and Friday. We all played hard and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Taran's back is still really bothering him and we're trying some exercises to help it.
Tomorrow I will be preparing for and doing my first class by myself at the Warashibe which is the special needs facility. I have to plan for an hour's worth of stuff to do so we'll see how far I get and how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment