Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Monday

We had a nice start to our day with the opportunity to have a quick visit on Skype with some of our family at their family dinner. It was a great way to start the day but unfortunately most of us had to disperse before the majority had gathered. Taran and Joisan even got to show off their uniforms to the family before they headed off to catch the bus.
I had to head to Tatsunan Chugakko today so I took off about 9. I takes almost a full hour to get there and I was a little worried that I would get lost - the only time I was there was two weeks ago and I had a guide then - but I didn't have any trouble at all. I spent the first half hour talking to the teacher and planning for the two classes today. I had the grade 9's first and then the grade 8's. I played 2 truths and a lie with the 8's and the teacher loved it so much she asked me to think of more things to do that with in the future. I don't know if I have that many things that are easily explainable! Today my truths were that I have been skydiving and that my sister is a lawyer. If anyone can think of interesting things about me I'd love to hear them - I don't quite know how I'll explain that I'm a Doula!!! I had lunch with the grade 8 students and realized how lucky the kids and I are in the lunch program at the Otaki Chugakko. The food is way better here and the lunchroom is way nicer than eating in the classrooms at Tatsunan.
After lunch I worked with a grade nine student who is participating in an English speaking contest. Saturday is the contest day and I'm trying to organize our life so that I can go. It's going to be a challenge since Joisan has ballet at 5pm and unless she comes with me I'll have to go to Date and then on to the town where the contest is and then come back to Otaki to get Joisan and go back to Date. Sounds like too much driving to me!
After I finished at the school I went to the city hall and picked up our resident alien cards as well as the money for the flights (which, unfortunately, I have to pass on to the man who booked and paid for them). Afterwards I went shopping for a few things and came home.
By all accounts the kids had a fine day. They had their first drumming class today and they both feel like they need more practice! Of course it need to be said that everyone else has had years of practice and this was their first go of it. It's pretty exciting to have all these first experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment