Thursday, October 29, 2009

Joisan will now be posting once a week!!!

Due to certain “agreements” I have made, I will now be writing on the blog once a week. It will most likely be on Thursdays.... because of dance (well now I guess it doesn’t have to be Thursdays!)
So, my week went something like this....Monday I ventured to school on my own. It wasn’t much different with no Taran. Last Friday, our ‘jerseys’ arrived, part of the uniform... a tracksuit. You start the day off in the ‘formal uniform’, then when you have PE, art, woodwork or cooking, that’s when you change into the ‘jersey’. As I said, they arrived and I was really excited to wear it (it even says J. Fairwell (the Fairwell in Japanese))! For the past few weeks, I have just been changing into my own clothes, so when I put on the ‘jersey’ everyone ooed and awed! The rest of the day was just normal. Tuesday was a very horrible very very awful super-duper atrocious, evil day!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Everything was fine until lunch time. The cafeteria is not allowed to make anything special for me, and on Tuesday, salad was the only thing that I could eat, so I brought some veggies to eat. Unfortunately I forgot them in my backpack when I went down to the lunch room. I was then sent back up to get them. I grabbed them out of my bag, and I was on my way to eat. I was in a little bit of a hurry because I was really hungry. As I was going down the stairs, I started to fall. So I tried to catch myself but I was too late. My right foot went back and under, and I landed on it. CRACK! I waited for someone to find me because I didn’t know how much damage was done. Luckily the person who found me was the nurse. She looked at it and helped me to her office. My mom came looking for me shortly after and found me in the nurse’s office. The nurse looked at it some more, and then wrapped it. The principal is trained in ski first aid, and he made me a boot out of cardboard. Sadly it got taken apart and recycled before I could take a picture of it.
It was decided that if my foot was really sore the next morning, then we would go get it looked at. Tuesday night, there was another welcome party. For some of us it was lots of fun.... but for those hopping, not so great. Wednesday was a pretty lazy morning... I was not woken up to go to school. Taran and I watched some TV, and read our books while my dad slept. When he eventually got up, he made us lunch, then him and I headed to the hospital. I got an X-ray, and the doctor said that there was no break, but that he thought my growth plate was damaged (he didn’t know exactly what was wrong with it). He put a splint on the back, and under my foot, and wrapped it up, and gave me crutches. I am to go back to the hospital in one week. I don’t think that anyone knows HOW pissed off I am!! I also don’t think anyone knows how much I appreciate all the extra help from my parents, and school people! I am told that I may not dance until after X-mas!!! RAWR!! Thursday, I woke up and my mom drove my brother and me to school. We were about 7 minutes late, and then it took a few more minutes to get up the stairs!! I sat in my desk, and the nurse brought me a stool to “elevate” my leg. I hobbled around... and that was pretty much it! At school during the last block, the rain turned into a thunder and lightning storm... and then the power went out!! Only for 5 minutes though! There you have it folks, my week in detail!
Until next week... a very unhappy Joisan!! :(

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your mishap. i hope you will be back 'enpointe' asap. love, nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Joisan!!! I'm sure time will mend it good as new. Be kind to yourself, and think of this as more time to practice your kanji :) We will look forward to more of your posts!!! Thank you so much, and Love from the Barnards

    ReplyDelete