Thursday, October 29, 2009

Still tired...

So, here it is, 8:45 on Thursday evening and I'm ready for bed. Man, I'm bagged! We are trying to get organized for the Halloween party on Saturday and we're struggling a bit with finding fun things we can do with the adults. Ideas are welcome!
I drove the kids to school today and got organized for the classes I was teaching today. Miss Koizumi is still really focused on using only English in the class so we spent a bit of time going over strategies for ensuring comprehension. I was working this afternoon at the Sho gakko so I could only be there for the first two English classes. They went really well but when I came back to the school to pick up the kids Miss Koizumi was almost in tears. The third class, with the grade 8's didn't go as well. She was feeling quite overwhelmed about it. We're going to try again with them tomorrow.
After lunch I pulled my things together and headed for the Sho gakko (elementary school). I didn't do much in the way of differentiated planning for today. I just played 2 truths and a lie with them and answered questions about skydiving and the fact that Taran and Joisan are both on crutches. I have to get my act together and do some good planning for next week. They are short classes though so it won't be too difficult.
I had the third after school program today - only three students - but lots of enthusiasm and fun! I've now run the whole gamut and done at least one round with each group. It's all been good and now I'm far less nervous about it all. I feel settled.
Ian is still looking for any opportunity to volunteer and help around the community. For now he's being kept busy with running children back and forth to the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment