Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Terriffic Tuesday

Despite the downpour of rain it was a good day today. I started by opening a bank account this morning. I don't have anything in it yet but payday is tomorrow so that should help things along. Ian went with me to the office and wound up making an appointment to have the winter tires put on the car. He dropped me off at the Chugakko and picked up some fruit and veggies before heading to get the tires changed.
I hung about the school for the day - not doing too much because it was a special day when all the grade 8's and 9's were out of the school doing work experience and the grade 7's focused on woodwork and home ec. They made a lunch for themselves and invited me to join them. It was yummy!
We came home right after school so Joisan and I could get ready and head to Date for her ballet class. It turned out that she was not the oldest one in the class - there was a 13 year old there too. It was a good class for her and she felt far more confident about herself and her ability to participate and communcate through a class. It is quite different from what we're used to - both in structure and style. Joisan needs to work hard at stretching in between classes and at developing the stamina to make it through the classes themselves - they are two hours long! I think that we've worked out a good balance for her classes - she'll be doing one basic pointe class with the younger group and the two strength and skills classes with the older group. They start pointe very early here - some as young as 7 or 8! Anyway, she thinks it will be a good balance for her and not make her feel too 'out of it'. She seemed pretty happy with it tonight so I'm hoping that the feeling holds.
Ian was out at badminton when we got home but Taran was home - still resting his back. He's looking forward to being able to do stuff again. Ian said there was the perfect number at badminton tonight - 8 of them - so they had two full courts. He came home all hot and sweaty and happy so that's all good!
Tomorrow is going to be a bit crazy - I need to pick up my pay in Date before 4pm and Joisan dances at 6:30 so we're leaving school at 3:00 and we'll just hang out in between - check out the shopping options! I promise to report any exciting finds!
I'm tired and cold now - off to shower and go to bed. More adventures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment