Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday

First and foremost there is a new photoshare posted - complete with a photo of the kids in uniform so make sure to check it out! Taran and Joisan have done their paragraphs so I am going to let them tell their stories today...

Joisan's paragraph...
My first day of school here in Japan was like no other first day of school I have ever experienced. The day started off with the three of us (Mum, Taran and me) going into a ‘conference’ room. We sat there for awhile reading. Then we were called to go to the ceremony. My mum gave a speech, and some of the students played the traditional drums for us. I was then taken to my classroom by my home room teacher who also teaches social studies and home economics. All of the nine students in my class introduced themselves to me, and then I returned the favour. I don’t quite remember what happened then, as the whole day was very overwhelming and stressful. They have a different system with the classes here. What happens is there is one homeroom for each grade, and the teachers just come to you. So in math, English, Japanese, and social studies, the teacher comes to you to teach. For P.E., science, home ec., art and tech you go to a different room. It is very interesting and I like it. That day, I went to the grade 8 English class for a reason unknown, and did an English grammar test (talk about easy). The English teacher told me everyone’s name, and then expected me to remember all of them. At lunchtime, you wash your hands, and then head to the lunch room. As you arrive there, you use hand sanitizer (in case your hands aren’t already clean enough LOL)! After school there are clubs... badminton, track and field, and computers. I will most likely be joining badminton (although I’m no good). Yesterday was just a day of school, nothing exciting. After school I went to ballet, which was different. Seeing as I hadn’t danced in four months, I was very inflexible. Hiro had come with us, and she then took us to the dollar store so we could get some school chopsticks and a case. Hmmm... Guess what colour mine are... LOL. Today was by far the best day not only in school but in Japan! Today was the first day that I felt that I wasn’t just a foreign visitor, and that I really ‘belong’ (as in I felt that they were my friends and I felt included). I MADE BANANA CREPES TODAY!!! MMMMM....!!! We also have to brush our teeth at lunch... strange!! LOL! There were defiantly embarrassing parts of the day, but I managed! It’s off to bed for me, maybe tomorrow can be this good. Although, tomorrow will be weird because they are measuring our height, weight, eyesight, and telling us how to properly brush our teeth! xoxoxo Joisan <3

Taran's paragraph...just so u all know im writting this under duress school is wierd here cuz u have to wash the school at the end of everyday. its different having to wear a uniform and mine is sorta uncomfertable. people are really nice but have a hard time understanding what ur tryin to say sometimes.

Hey - at least I got something out of both of them. Taran went to the hospital in Date today because his back has gotten oh so much worse. He really wants to participate in all the cool activities that are available here and it hurts him just to move. They took x-rays of his back and took it all very seriously. I wanted him to get a referral to a physiotherapist but the doctor he saw said that it is muscular and he gave him a prescription and some medicated pads to wear on his back. He is not allowed to do anything for a week and then he's not allowed to do anything but the exercises he was given for another week. Hopefully this will help - and he will not do anything that he shouldn't. Time will tell. Goodnight all - I'm off to bed to be ready to tackle the kindergarten tomorrow. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment