Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Friday and We're Tired

It wasn't exactly a taxing day today but we are all a little tired. I got up and went into the office this morning. I read a book on teaching English in Japan and made some notes of suggestions for games and activities. I cruised the internet a bit and I finally got my work email set up so I can send files to myself if I need to. I came home at noon and after lunch we went into Date to do some grocery shopping. We are getting a better handle on the shopping thing. The ultimate goal is to get ourselves into a routine where we can do one big shop a week when I'm going into Date anyway.
After the grocery shopping we took some time to look around the rest of the Posful - a large department store. They have pretty much anything you could want - from bicycles to clothing; from stationary and books to housewares. It was all a bit overwhelming and by the time we got out of there we were exhausted and hungry. The kids had each picked up some treats at the grocery store and snacked happily all the way home.
We were in a bit of a time crunch when we got home because we wanted to get to badminton tonight. Ian threw together a quick supper of noodles with veggies and chicken. We got cleaned up and headed down to the community centre and had a fun evening of whacking birdies around. Ian and Taran played hard and well. Joisan and I feel more than a bit outclassed but we enjoyed a couple of games nonetheless.
There will likely be more news and photos over the weekend - we are attending several festivals and events. If we had been here longer I might try and do something for Thanksgiving on Monday but I'm not feeling quite settled enough yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment