Thursday, October 22, 2009

No clever names today...

It's been a bit of a rough day today. I did have the welcome ceremony at the Cho-gakko (elementary school) which was wonderful and fun, but the rest of the day has been a bit of a challenge. The funniest part of the ceremony was when they invited children from each class to ask me questions and one of them asked me what kind of furniture I like! I've never had that one before!
Taran hurt himself at school today. He was trying to participate - at least in a limited way - in PE this morning and he stepped forward onto his left foot and his knee went out. It is a situation that I am painfully familiar with and it give me the shivers just to think about it. His knee is all swollen and hot and bruised and it looks like Ian will be taking him to the hospital again. I hope it's not torn but I really think it might be. Ugh. Taran is so bummed about it - his back is feeling so much better that he was really looking forward to getting active again. Not good.
I have also heard about some stuff going on with one of my friends back home whose Dad just died. I'm feeling so far away and unable to comfort her or help her in any way. I also know that one of my friends is getting ready to move and must be feeling so overwhelmed. I wish I could be helping! This is definately the hardest part of being here.
I'm sorry to be so quick tonight but we're a little overwhelmed with all that is going on and I need to go help Taran. I'll let y'all know what's up with his knee tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about Taran, wish him well for us.

    Thanks again for the phone call. A very nice surprise.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete