Friday, April 16, 2010

Wow! I'm honoured! (I think!)

So, we've had more snow this week and the most amazing winds! I was woken up several times over two or three nights with the sound of the wind so strong that I thought we might be on our way to Oz. I could almost hear the witches theme in my head! (do do do do do do, do do do do do do)... we've also had some torrential rain and some gorgeous sunshine so it's been a bit of a potpouri!
The kids seem to have settled back into the routines of school - they both managed to hurt themselves this week! They've started the clubs after school now and on Monday Taran put his knee out (though not quite so badly as before). He was just doing the warm up stretches and one of them required a bit of a twist... On Tuesday Joisan did something to her ankle but it wasn't so bad either and she was able to dance the next day.
The information gap is still a problem - I showed up to do the kindergarten last week and the Shogakko this week and both times I was told (when I was already planned and there) that English won't start until May. Oh well, I'm just trying to roll with it all.
This afternoon as I was trying to leave the Chugakko there was a call from a teacher at Date Chu. He didn't know yet that I am coming to work there but he was happy to hear it. He was calling to ask if I would be willing to make a presentation to all the English teachers in the area about team teaching. I am not sure what makes me such an expert but it would appear that I will be speaking on June 2nd at the English teachers Pro-D day. With great (ha) authority! You're all invited!
We have no major plans for this weekend to tell you about so I'll finish up now with a renewed promise for some new videos and photos soon... really! I promise!
Also - a quick shout out to my favorite sister... happy birthday Aurora!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment