Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday news

Ooops! I had intended to update yesterday but the evening got away from me :) Ian took Taran and Joisan to the hospital yesterday and Taran came back without a cast or a brace! He started physio right away and now has to go 3 times per week - he says it's feeling a bit painful and not very strong yet but he's enjoying the opportunity to shower! I will be taking Taran to Date tomorrow for his second physio appointment.
This evening there was a volleyball tournament at the Otaki Shogakko. Ian and I both joined a team from the Chugakko - Ian in the A league and I in the B league. It wasn't exactly the same as volleyball at home - it's called soft volleyball and they use a different ball - quite a bit bigger and - you guessed it! - soft. It's almost like those big red playground balls we have back in Canada - the ones that bounce really well - but it's white and not quite as bouncy. I had a lot of fun and despite a slow start my team managed to play well enough that we have to play again tomorrow. Ian doesn't know yet if he plays tomorrow or not.
It looks like we'll all be going to Sapporo on Saturday to go to the movies. Joisan is desperate to see New Moon which opens here on Saturday. She has invited her friend Akari to go with us so we're still trying to work that out. I think the tentative plan involves a 12:15 show and some shopping afterwards. I think it will be fun!
The tournament went a bit late tonight so it's already well past my bedtime. More tomorrow. (or the next day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment