Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Snow Snow Snow Snow Snow

It won't be long before we're burried. I had hoped that this was just another come-and-go kind of snow but it's beginning to look more permanent. I'll work on getting some photos up on the photoshare soon - this world is very pretty all dressed in white! Ian had to go out and shovel this afternoon and the roads are pretty icy.
Other than the snow our biggest news is that Joisan is out of her splint and into a brace. She and Taran (still in a cast from ankle to thigh) are both supposed to begin putting weight on their foot so I guess things are improving! They both go back next Wednesday for a check up and Taran will likely get to switch his cast for a smaller one. I'm looking forward to the time when he has no cast on and can shower regularly again! Right now it's quite a production to get the cast covered properly.
Taran and Joisan each got a letter from Chinami's boys who we visited on Sunday. The boys wrote a good letter each and sent it to school with their mom. Taran was invited to come back and play video games again and soccer when his leg is healed and Joisan was told how cute she is (again!) and also invited back. They both wrote back to the boys in Japanese - with Ian's help. We have been working on learning the most basic Japanese letters - Hiragana and we're beginning to recognize some words as people are speaking around us. It's only been a month and a half and I think we're making some progress with the language (finally!) I have begun to use a book that my friend gave me (thank you Kim!) and I think it is really going to help me a lot.
I was up really late last night prepping for today so I'm going to cut this short and head for the bedtime routine (hot bath, lay out the bed and crawl in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment