Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Boys are Back in Town...

I think I've finally learned that I can manage. I managed to get Joisan and I back here by ourselves and I've managed to supply us with everything we needed to get through the 8 days we were without Ian and Taran. Then last night I managed to take us back to the airport and negotiate a handicapped parking spot right out front and get us all back to Otaki safe and sound. I can manage. :)
Ian and Taran are back and they're a little the worse for wear. They spent Monday night in Narita at an airport hotel and then most of Tuesday was spent at the airport waiting for their flight to Chitose. No sightseeing for them :(
Taran and Joisan had clearly missed eachother and spent the whole ride home from the airport comparing apps and songs on their iTouches that they got for their birthdays. Joisan was disappointed that Taran was not up to coming to school today. He was still really bagged though and still not feeling 100%. Ian has an appointment at the hospital tomorrow to have his foot looked at and another cast put on it. I think he's going to do the adult classes tonight so that I can take Joisan to ballet.
I've just heard today that my friend Sarah, who was tentatively planning to visit over spring break, will not be able to come visit this year. That leaves us wide open - nobody is currently planning to visit. Please consider yourselves all invited to visit us while we're here... there's plenty of room!
Anyway, I'm off to the Warashibe where I plan to sing some songs and show off my photos of Walt Disney World! Happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Phaedra!! Good for you for managing just fine. It is a stretch isn't it, but just think how MINOR things will seem back here! I'm thankful you're all back together again for moral support. Sounds like you had an amazing holiday. We will look forward to corresponding with you and sharing your stories. Thanks for keeping us current! Love, Kim and family p.s. Abby and I are starting a swim class at the Beach Resort today - it'll be so fun to be right in there with her - hope the water's warm!!! No snow here, and all the bulbs are bravely poking their green shoots up. Hoping to have our snow when we go skiing with the Bonner group, and maybe sending Cam with the Discovery group!

    ReplyDelete