Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Up to our Armpits in SNOW!

It seems as though it never stops snowing here. I really do have photos that I will try and post tomorrow. It's hard to believe we've been back for a month now - I can't be sure if the time goes so fast because I'm enjoying it so much or if it's just that I'm getting old!
The ski marathon was fun - Ian and I decked ourselves out with hand and foot and body warmers stuck in every nook and cranny before venturing out to stand around in the snow for hours. The kids reluctantly strapped on their skis and headed out with all the other students in the school. I am proud to say that they both finished their 6km and Joisan managed to be the first one from the school to cross the finish line! Yuki (the dietician) was sticking with her and she found herself exhausted from the pace that Joisan set!
Because they had to do the marathon on Sunday, the kids had the day off of school yesterday. I, unfortunately, still had to go to Tatsunan. I did manage to arrange to meet my friend Mayu for lunch in Date though. She took me to a little "Italian" place not far from city hall. (I put "Italian" in quotes because although they serve pasta and risotto they do it with a decidedly Japanese flair! Not what I'm used to referring to as "Italian"!)
Anyway, tomorrow the grade 6's are coming from the Elementary School to visit the grade 7's and see what Jr. High is all about. Thursday is a holiday and I think we're going to Sapporo to check out the snow festival. We're also really looking forward to the International Snowball Fight in Sobetsu on Feb 27 and 28. After that I'm really hoping that the snow will just go away!

1 comment:

  1. hi from new york,
    we just read the blogs which filled in some of the missing details.
    love,
    mum
    sue
    carol

    ReplyDelete