Friday, September 18, 2009

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 ...

We have a departure date!!! We found out this evening that we will be leaving on Tuesday September 29. Whew! It's nice to know when we go and it's also nice to have the extra time here to get ready. The house is currently in a state of emergency - the packing and sorting is not going well. We are up to our ears in recycling and 'stuff'. I have officially recognized that I have a problem with 'stuff'. I'm not sure there's a 12 step group for my problem (my name is Phaedra and I'm a 'stuff"aholic!) but I should probably look for one when we get back and start to unpack all this mess!
Tomorrow is our 'meet the people who've gone before' gathering and I'm looking forward to hearing their stories and getting their perspective on everything. Hopefully they'll have some good suggestions of things to bring and gifts to give.
More updates as they come.

1 comment:

  1. So are you packing up all your 'stuff'? Or just your "personal" things? And where are you putting all this said 'stuff'? hehe :) SO excited for you!! So, will you be gone one year from Sept 29th? I was hoping you'd be back in time for the reunion next year so we could hear all the stories :D I guess i'll just have to come visit you when you're back and settled!!

    Love,
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete